We’ve teamed up with specialist travel insurer, Columbus Direct, to offer you travel insurance. The insurance is designed to give you adequate protection and peace of mind, including cover for unexpected military call up. Travel insurance has evolved quite considerably and through our partnership with Columbus Direct we are here to ensure you have comprehensive travel insurance.
It is imperative you choose the correct insurance for your travel needs, and before you buy you are aware of all key product information, you will find all the details you need in the documents provided.
Columbus Direct offers competitive, value-for-money, travel insurance for members of the armed forces taking personal holidays, travel for all the family and trips with friends. Choose between single trip and annual cover, with both offering a range of great features. This insurance is available for currently serving personnel, reservists, veterans and forces friends and family.
Cover for Covid-19 is available to customers, including cover for costs incurred for medical treatment abroad and for cancellation claims where you test positive for the virus and are unable to travel.
You have a choice of 3 levels of cover so that you only ever pay for what you need. The Bronze, Silver and Gold policies all offer a range of great features, including cover for specific add-ons for various activities you may wish to partake in.
What does Trinity military travel insurance cover?
- Cancellation cover for unavoidable military duty*
- Worldwide or European cover
- Travel from the UK or an overseas base
- Up to £15m medical expenses
- Up to £2m personal liability cover
- Repatriation to the UK or overseas base
- Up to £5,000 for scheduled airline failure
- Travel Delay
- Optional winter sports cover available
- A UK based 24 hour medical emergency helpline is available
*Terms apply. Cover limits shown are for Columbus Gold Cover
What's not covered?
- Any claim from you failing to take medication as prescribed by your medical practitioner
- Any claim arising from you being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Any claim arising from you being involved in any criminal act
- Any claim arising from pre-existing medical conditions (see medical declaration)
- Any claim related to circumstances that the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office are advising against all but essential travel to a country or region; or any claims where they are advising against ALL travel to that country or region.
- Any claim for travel against medical advice or to receive medical treatment
- The excess as stated in your chosen policy
Is there a policy excess?
Excess varies depending on your level of cover from £50 to £150 per person, per claim.
It is possible to cover the excess amount on your travel insurance policy by taking out the Trinity Excess Protection Insurance – this low-cost insurance reimburses the excess amount stated on your policy in the event of a claim and you can choose how many policies you cover for example your home insurance, car insurance and travel insurance. The excess applies to each person insured on the policy for each claim made.
Level of Cover
- A basic level of cover at a highly competitive price
- £5 million cover for medical expenses, £1000 cover for curtailment, £5000 cover for scheduled airline failure
- You can add on extras such as gadget cover and winter sports to all levels
- Most popular level of cover, with more comprehensive benefits including cancellation cover
- £10 million cover for medical expenses, £3000 cover for cancellation, £2000 cover for personal property
- A fully comprehensive plan offering you peace of mind
- £15 million cover for medical expenses, £5000 cover for cancellation, £2500 cover for personal property
Age limits applying to military travel insurance
Our military travel policies are restricted by age. When applying for insurance you will be asked for your current age and cover will be given based on the information provided. Failure to give us the correct information could invalidate cover.
Maximum trip duration
We only offer cover up to a certain number of days when purchasing single trip insurance. Annual multi-trip policies will include a maximum trip limit. The policy schedule will include confirmation of the maximum cover we will provide.
Sports and activities
We will not pay any claim directly or indirectly resulting from participation in certain activities, professional or organised sports, racing, speed or endurance tests. Check your travel insurance policy wording as certain sports and activities may be covered. If you are unsure or the sport or activity is not listed, then you should contact Customer Services on 0800 068 0060 or 020 3056 7994.
Under some sections there is an amount deducted (an excess) per incident, which applies to each insured person involved in an incident, as do the sums insured under each section.
Cancellation and curtailment
Our military travel insurance provides cover for your travel, accommodation and pre-booked excursions and these have not been used and you have paid, or are contracted to pay, if you cancel your trip before you travel or curtail after your trip starts, providing the cancellation or curtailment is necessary and unavoidable due to the reasons specified in the policy documentation.
Our military travel insurance provides cover if your flight, sea crossing, coach or train departure is delayed because of strike or industrial action, poor weather conditions or mechanical breakdown by at least 12 hours or if you have to abandon your outward trip
Personal money and documents
Our military travel insurance provides cover for cash, money and postal orders lost or stolen during your trip. Money must be kept with you at all times or be in a locked safety deposit box, and a written police report must be obtained within 48 hours to support the loss/theft.
Wondering if you need specialist Forces travel cover?
Trinity have been providing Forces Insurance for over 17 years and our policies have been designed to fulfil the needs of members of the Armed Forces. Travel insurance with a mainstream provider is unlikely to cover you for cancellation should you have unavoidable military duty. This is included as standard in Trinity’s Forces travel insurance, alongside curtailment cover. If you’re not sure whether to buy specialist cover, get in touch today on 01243 817777 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to discuss your needs.
Other products you might be interested in:
To see our full range of military insurance products click here.
About Trinity Insurance
- Our products are designed specifically for the Armed Forces Family
- We operate under the time honoured military values; service, loyalty, integrity and trust
- Over 20 years experience in the military insurance industry
- Quality protection for great value
- We will never sell you anything you don’t need
- No hidden charges
- Simple, straight forward process to buy online, over the phone or face to face
- Experienced team offering you support on base across the UK, Germany and Cyprus