What does military personal accident insurance cover?

  • Full cover on or off duty
  • Total and partial disablement
  • Loss of limbs, toes and fingers
  • Loss of eyesight, speech and hearing
  • Fractures of vertebrae, pelvis, legs and arms
  • Cover for flesh wounds and facial scarring
  • Hospitalisation and rehabilitation benefit
  • All sports and activities included

What's not covered?

  • Intentional self injury
  • An insured person’s criminal acts
  • An injured person engaging in any sport on a professional basis
  • An insured person while under the influence or affected by alcohol or drugs

Is there a policy excess?

  • There is no standard excess on our personal accident policy

What does it cost?

  • Personal accident cover from £8.08* per month
  • No charges for changes to your policy
  • No charges for new policy documentation
  • No charges for cancellation of your policy
  • All occupations covered at the same cost

*Based on a basic level of cover for a customer based in the UK, quote is subject to eligibility criteria.


Hazardous activities and occupations

Our military personal accident insurance covers all trades and occupations in HM Forces with no exceptions or changes in premium. Bomb disposal, fast jet pilots, and special services personnel all pay exactly the same premium as other military personnel. Our policy covers all sports and activities.

Serious accidents and disablement

If you have an accident, we will pay out up to £160,000 based on the nature of your injuries. The full amount will be paid if you suffer from permanent total disablement, loss of use of two limbs, loss of eyesight, hearing or speech.

Death benefit

Our military personal accident insurance includes cover for accidental death – if anything should happen to you your family will receive a benefit of up to £10,000.

Recovery Benefit

If you or your family are in hopsital for more than 5 days, we will provide a cash sum and also pay a benefit for your period of convalescence or recovery.

Levels of cover

There are four levels of our personal accident insurance cover; Economy, Standard, Elite and Supreme. These provide from £50,000 up to £160,000 of cover. You can choose whichever level you require and change the cover at anytime.

What if I am medically discharged?

If you have been medically discharged as a result of an accident, we will pay you a cash lump sum of up to £16,000. That accident could happen anywhere – at home, on the roads, on military duty, on the sports field or in the gymnasium.

How do I pay?

Payment is normally made by monthly direct debit from your UK bank account and we make no charges for this. The system is tightly controlled and offers many guarantees for you. Collection is usually made on the first working day of each month.

What happens if I leave the forces?

We provide cover for all members of the Armed Forces Community, including reservists, veterans and their families. If you leave the Forces and want to continue your personal accident cover, please call us on 01243 817777 to discuss your options.

Wondering if you need specialist Forces Insurance for your personal accident cover?

Trinity have been providing Forces Insurance for over 16 years and our policies have been designed to fulfil the needs of members of the Armed Forces. Personal accident insurance with a mainstream provider is unlikely to include cover should you be deployed or medically discharged. These benefits are included as standard with Trinity’s Forces personal accident insurance, alongside cover for war risks and death benefit. If you’re not sure whether to buy specialist cover, get in touch today on 01243 817777 or at hello@talktotrinity.com, and we’ll be happy to discuss your needs

Interested in further cover? Check out our military insurance portfolio.

Trinity Military Insurance

Buy online, call us on 01243 817777
or email hello@talktotrinity.com

Like, follow, subscribe