It’s a good time to get yourself organised for the year ahead ensuring your protection meets your current needs. Have your circumstances changed recently? Do you have a specific item you need cover for?
A kit and contents insurance policy is essential for serving military personnel to cover for loss, damage fire and theft to your issued or temporary uniform and equipment, your own kit such as laptops and mobile phones, as well protection for your belongings in either your living quarters on camp or at home, and that’s worldwide.
We’ve put together a list of 10 things you probably didn’t know that a Military Kit and Home Insurance Policy covers you for:
- Cover for theft or loss of cash or credit cards – this could be either from on your person or from your room or home
- Option to cover a bike on the policy
- When you are moving around, such as deployment or posting overseas your belongings are covered in transit and storage if required.
- There’s £75K legal fees cover included, so if you need to fight a legal battle you have some financial support
- Family cover options – if you have children at boarding school or university, their items are covered up to £2.5K
- License to occupy as standard – imagine if there was a fire in your room from a phone charger (it does happen), you would be liable for up to £20k for the damage to your room.
- Do you play a contact sport? You’d be covered up to £3m if you were to injure someone whilst playing sport
- Cost of other accommodation if you are unable to live in your quarter following a major mishap
- Gifts, worth up to £3000, bought for special occasions such as weddings or Christmas are covered for loss or damage
- If your freezer breaks down the contents up to the value of £1000 are covered
Trinity’s Military Kit & Home insurance policy offers all of the above insurance cover benefits. You can also manage your own policy through our unique self-service customer portal once you have registered. You can update your personal contact details, increase your level of cover and upload documents relating to personal items such as an image or receipt.
Get a quote and buy your Military Kit and Home insurance online here.
Use code: KH20 for a 20% discount. This offer runs until 31 January 2021.
You can find all our products including personal accident insurance, car insurance, life insurance and more at TalktoTrinity.com