Military Personal Accident Insurance

Military personal accident insurance is one of the most important forms of protection you will ever need.

Have you ever thought about how your family would cope financially if you were involved in a fatal accident, or if you had life changing injuries resulting from an accident and couldn’t fulfil your military role anymore?

It is not something we like to think about but having the right insurance in place gives you peace of mind should the unexpected happen.

Our Personal Accident insurance insures you when you are on and off military duty. Our policy provides high-quality personal accident cover and can be tailored to suit you.

New benefits – we have recently significantly improved our personal accident product at no extra cost. Here are some of the main new benefits and improved cover, with many of them unique to our product:

  • New benefit – if you have life changing injuries, we will give you up to £3,000 to modify your home or vehicle.
  • New benefit – in the event of your death or a life changing injury, we will cover childcare expenses of up to £50 a day (to a total of £2,500) to help support you and your loved ones
  • New benefit – a daily payment of £75 (payable for up to a year) if you are in a coma, or induced into a coma, due to an accident.
  • New benefit – children are now covered at no extra cost on an individual policy for single parents
  • New benefit – access to a range of helplines including counselling services on a range of topics including personal tax advice, medical advice, and support with a bereavement
  • Improved cover – cover for more broken bones and injuries

What does Trinity military personal accident insurance cover?

  • Full cover on and off duty
  • Total and partial disablement
  • Loss of limbs, toes and fingers
  • Loss of eyesight, speech and hearing
  • Fractures of vertebrae, pelvis, legs and arms
  • Cover for flesh wounds and facial scarring
  • Coma cover, vehicle/home modification and childcare expenses
  • All sports and activities included

What's not covered?

  • Intentional self injury
  • An insured person’s criminal acts
  • An injured person engaging in any sport on a professional basis
  • An insured person while under the influence or affected by alcohol or drugs

Is there a policy excess?

  • There is no standard excess on our personal accident policy

What does it cost?

  • Personal accident cover from £9.21** per month
  • No charges for changes to your policy
  • No charges for new policy documentation
  • No charges for cancellation of your policy
  • All occupations covered at the same cost

**Based on a basic level of cover for a customer based in the UK, quote is subject to eligibility criteria.

More details

Hazardous activities and occupations

Our military personal accident insurance covers all trades and occupations in HM Forces with no exceptions or changes in premium. Bomb disposal, fast jet pilots, and special services personnel all pay exactly the same premium as other military personnel. Our policy covers all sports and activities.

Serious accidents and disablement

If you have an accident, depending on your level of cover,  we will pay out up to £160,000 based on the nature of your injuries. The full amount will be paid if you suffer from permanent total disablement, loss of use of two limbs, loss of eyesight, hearing or speech.

Death benefit

Our military personal accident insurance includes cover for accidental death – if anything should happen to you your family will receive a benefit of up to £10,000.

Recovery Benefit

If you or your family are in hospital for more than 5 days, we will provide a cash sum and also pay a benefit for your period of convalescence or recovery.

Levels of cover

There are four levels of our military personal accident insurance cover; Economy, Standard, Elite and Supreme. These provide from £50,000 up to £160,000 of cover. You can choose whichever level you require and change the cover at anytime. Our Personal Accident insurance policy continues until you reach the age of 70.

What if I am medically discharged?

If you have been medically discharged as a result of an accident, we will pay you a cash lump sum of up to £16,000. That accident could happen anywhere – at home, on the roads, on military duty, on the sports field or in the gymnasium.

What happens if I leave the forces?

We provide cover for all members of the Armed Forces Community, including reservists, veterans and their families. If you leave the Forces and want to continue your personal accident cover, please call us on 01243 817777 to discuss your options.


Other products you might be interested in:

Military kit insurance,  Military home insurance, military life insurance and Military Car Insurance

About Trinity Insurance

  • Our products are designed specifically for the Armed Forces Community
  • We operate under the time honoured military values; service, loyalty, integrity and trust
  • Over 20 years experience in the military insurance industry
  • Quality protection for great value
  • We will never sell you anything you don’t need
  • No hidden charges
  • Simple, straight forward process to buy online, over the phone or face to face
  • Experienced  team offering you support on base across the UK, Germany and Cyprus