Military life insurance designed for those in the UK armed forces
Protect the ones that matter most with military life insurance. Specialist life insurance for the needs of Royal Navy and Royal Marines; Army; Royal Air Force. Choose from the UK’s top Life Insurers.
Trinity offers affordable armed forces Life insurance that will support your loved ones, and make life financially easier, if you are no longer able to.
The Armed Forces Compensation scheme would offer a lump sum for death in service and is not affected by any separate insurance cover you have in place.
Insurance for military personnel
- Security for you and your loved ones
- Those important to you will have financial security should anything happen
- Flexibility to have the insurance for a set amount that meets their needs e.g your outstanding mortgage
- With military life insurance you are covered even when deployed with no change to the premium you pay
- War risks included with selected policies
- Diagnosis of a terminal illness benefit
- Option to include critical illness
What is critical illness cover?
- Critical illness can be added to your policy and will provide financial support on diagnosis of a critical or serious illness such as cancer, kidney failure, strokes or heart attacks.
- Financial security for you and your family in the event you can’t work
- Majority of policies also include children should they be diagnosed with a critical or serious illness
Choosing the right military life insurance cover
Through our Direct Life partner, you are able to protect you and your family in the event of your death, or if you were to suffer a critical or serious illness. Having life insurance in place gives you peace of mind that your loved ones are protected and looked after financially should the worst happen.
You can insure yourself on a level term basis (insuring yourself for a guaranteed sum of money) or on a decreasing basis (to cover a debt such as a repayment mortgage) based on your own personal circumstances and protection needs.
Some of the insurers through Direct Life also offer the option to include additional cover. This can include covering fractures, increasing the number of critical illnesses, covering dependents (including covering dependents for serious illness) and hospital benefits.
Does the life insurance cover on and off duty?
Our Life insurance covers you on and off duty and when deployed. Exclusions may apply for critical illness.
How much life insurance cover do you need?
When thinking about your life insurance policy and the protection you need, it is useful to think about all your financial commitments including your mortgage, any dependents you support financially and any debts or outstanding loans. You might also like to consider if you would wish to leave a further sum to family in the event of your death.
How do I pay for military life insurance?
Payment for your military life insurance is normally made by monthly direct debit from your UK bank account – this system is tightly controlled and offers many guarantees for you. Collection is usually made on the first working day of each month.
How much does military life insurance cost?
Our military life insurance for those not due to go to an active theatre of operations in the near future is inexpensive and need not cost any more than a civilian of the same age.
Once the cover is in place if you are then subsequently posted to an area of conflict there will be no need to panic buy as your cover will already be in place.
29 year old non smoker
£200,000 life cover for 25 years
costs £7.54 per month*
29 year old non smoker
£200,000 life cover and £30,000 critical illness cover for 25 years
costs £14.98 per month*
Quotes correct as of March 2020.
Keep your Military Life Insurance up to date with Trinity
It’s important to make sure your life insurance policy meets your current needs. If you have any big changes in your life such as having another child or moving house and increasing your mortgage, you need to ensure that your life insurance policy reflects this.
Other Trinity Insurance products you might be interested in:
Our full range of military insurance products
About Trinity Insurance
- Our products are designed specifically for members of the Armed Forces Family
- We operate under the time honoured military values; service, loyalty, integrity and trust
- Over 20 years experience in the military insurance industry
- Quality protection for great value
- We will never sell you anything you don’t need
- No hidden charges
- Simple, straight forward process to buy online, over the phone or face to face
- Experienced team offering you support on base across the UK, Germany and Cyprus