Military kit insurance and home insurance is a simple solution to protect your military equipment, personal possessions and any home or room contents, anywhere in the world.
At Trinity, we understand the importance of Military insurance. We pride ourselves on offering high quality, value for money Military kit and home insurance for Army, RAF, Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel.
What does military kit and home insurance cover?
- Military kit insurance and equipment
- Personal possessions
- Home or room contents
- Licence to occupy cover
- Accidental damage
- Transit moves
- Theft of money
- Legal expenses
- Frozen food
- Personal legal liability
What's not covered?
- Existing or deliberate damage
- Damage caused by mechanical faults or breakdown
- Damage arising by wear or tear
Is there a policy excess?
- Excess is £50 and £75 per claim for small electrical items (mobile phones, laptops, etc.) – in respect of goods in transit the excess is increased to £250 for claims occurring within first 3 months
What does it cost?
- Kit and contents cover from £11.69* per month
- No charges for changes to your policy
- No charges for new documentation
- No charges for cancellation
*Based on a basic level of cover for a customer based in the UK, quote is subject to eligibility criteria.
Includes £2.25 admin fee, £1.25 legal expenses and IPT at 12% where applicable.
Calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
In the event of damage, loss or theft of a piece of issued kit or equipment, you would be liable for replacing. It is important to ensure you have military kit and home insurance to give you peace of mind that your personal possessions and those issued by the military are covered anywhere in the world.
What is covered?
In addition to your issued kit, uniform, equipment and your personal items; our military kit and home insurance also covers your home or room contents and damage caused to your service accommodation (licence to occupy). It includes insurance for your goods when you are on the move, theft of money, legal expenses, glasses cover, frozen food and personal legal liability.
Personal effects and valuables
Our military kit and home insurance will cover loss or damage to your personal possessions anywhere in the world on a new for old basis. All small electrical gadgets (mobile phones, iPads etc) are automatically covered for up to £500 each, and we can offer specific cover for more valuable items such as jewellery or watches.
Home or room contents
Our kit and home insurance offers protection for loss or damage to your room or home contents by fire, flood, and theft. Accidental loss or damage cover is automatically included as are transit moves within the UK or overseas.
License to occupy cover
If you live in service accommodation, you are responsible for any damage up to the sum currently advised by the MOD. In August 2011, this was set at £20,000 – this applies whether you are living as a single person or in a married quarter.
Our military kit and home policy automatically provides cover should you cause any damage.
Personal legal liability
This provides protection for your legal costs and damages awarded against you, if you, or any member of your family living with you causes accidental injury to other person(s) or damage to their property. Family pets such as cats and dogs (excluding dangerous dogs) are regarded as family members.
If you have a legal problem and need to discuss it with someone, our legal helpline is there for you to use whichever country you are based in. In certain areas such as employment disputes, contractual disputes and personal injury you can be provided with up to £75,000 of legal expenses.
As with most household insurances, our military kit and home policies do have an excess; this is £50 for each and every claim except for small electrical items (mobile phones, iPads etc) which have an excess of £75. In respect of goods in transit the excess is increased to £250 for claims occurring within first 3 months.
How do I pay for military kit and home insurance?
Payment is made by monthly direct debit from your UK bank account – this system is tightly controlled and offers many guarantees for you. Collection is made on the first working day of each month.
You can select the day you want your insurance to commence. It can be started the same day if needed. You can simply buy online today or speak to a member of our team.
Kit and home claim procedure
1. First report the loss or theft to the authorities immediately
2. Obtain a crime or incident reference number
3. Next telephone the claims centre on 0345 258 7169
4. Where possible, keep all receipts, warranties, instructions and valuations
5. For damaged electrical goods obtain an estimate from a repairer or a note that states it’s beyond repair
6. Finally always keep damaged items until your claim is resolved
You have 30 days to claim after the event. To ensure your claims are dealt with quickly, please send back claim forms and supply any information requested by the claims handler as soon as possible.
Cancelling your policy
If you wish to cancel your policy, please contact us on 01243 817777 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wondering if you need specialist Forces Insurance for your Kit and Home cover?
Trinity have been providing Forces Insurance for over 17 years and our policies have been designed to fulfil the needs of members of the Armed Forces.
Home or contents insurance with a mainstream provider is unlikely to include cover for specialist military kit and equipment or license to occupy cover.
These benefits are included as standard with Trinity’s Forces kit and home insurance, alongside personal legal liability cover and legal expenses.
About Trinity Insurance
- Our products are designed specifically for the Armed Forces Family
- We operate under the time honoured military values; service, loyalty, integrity and trust
- Over 20 years experience in the military insurance industry
- Quality protection for great value
- We will never sell you anything you don’t need
- No hidden charges
- Simple, straight forward process to buy online, over the phone or face to face
- Experienced team offering you support on base across the UK, Germany and Cyprus